2nd Annual Wings Over Leukemia and Lymphoma • Music Fest • Fundraiser at Lendy's Cafe
Benefit at the Sandler Center
Highlights:2nd Annual Wings Over Leukemia and Lymphoma
When: October 6 from 12pm to 5pm
Where: Lendy's Cafe & Raw Bar - General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach in the side parking lot
Why: All proceeds benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help in further research and lifesaving treatments to eradicate blood cancers.
- All You Can Eat Lendy’s World Famous Wings
- BBQ and fixings
- 4 beer or wine tickets
- Craft beer and wine samplings.
- Live music with 2 awesome bands (see below)
- A fun afternoon with other locals helping a great cause!
Only 20 tickets available at this price. Once these are gone, please purchase your tickets at Lendy's Cafe or online here for $35: https://wingsoverll.ticketspice.com/2nd-annual-wings-over-leukemia-lymphoma
Join us for a family friendly music fest, featuring the bluegrass sounds of the The Raw Beets and the reggae beats of Strange Rootz. Enjoy AYCE Lendy's world famous wings, fixings, soft drinks, wine and beer.
- Raffles and silent auctions will be held throughout the event.
- A YETI Cooler and products, valued at $620, are being raffled off online now at: https://wingsoverll.ticketspice.com/2nd-annual-wings-over-leukemia-lymphoma
- Wings Over LL is a 501c(3) non-profit and donations are tax deductible.
- Website for purchasing tickets and sponsorship information: www.wingsoverLL.com FaceBook:https://www.facebook.com/wingsoverleukemiaandlymphoma/
- Hosted by Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma survivor Tim Quick, CEO and survivor mom Karen Harper Page, Lendy's owners Kent Von Fecht, Jr and Joanna Jennings, and a whole host of volunteers!
- This event is a fundraiser presented by Wings Over Leukemia and Lymphoma, Inc. to help fight blood cancers. 100% of proceeds to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer research. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Read more atwww.lls.org.
- Individual and Corporate sponsorships welcomed.
- Silent auction items needed.
About the Bands:
Strange Rootz: A group of brothers from Virginia Beach, united together through conscious music. Coming from different roots, the members bring ideas together to create vibration s with a positive message of love, unity, truth, and rights. Influenced by pioneers of roots reggae such as, Dennis Brown, Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Culture, Gregory Isaac, Peter Tosh and many more, they bring styles of rock, r&b, jazz, and funk together to create an original sound.
- Derek Moore – Lead Vocals, Guitar
- Julian Hayes – Bass J
- amaican Recording Artist: Iratio – Keyboard/Vocals
- Kurt Patterson - Percussion
- Johnnie "Drummah J" – Drums/Vocals
Raw Beets: The Raw Beets are a foot-stomping, beat driven string band that plays old-time, folk, and modern tunes with a down home feel. References to bluegrass and Americana are always made, but the Raw Beets likes to say they play good music for good folks who like to have a good time!
- Robb Torgler-banjo/vocals
- Chidori Matsumoto- percussion/vocals
- Shea Roebuck-upright bass/vocals
- Paul Anderson-fiddle/mandolin
Questions about VBhotdeals?
Contact Nicole Maxino at firstname.lastname@example.org 757 652 0808
Questions about this event?
Contact Tim Quick at email@example.com (757) 724-4400 or Denise Maples firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event is rain or shine under 2 LARGE tents.
- No refunds. No exceptions.
- Family Friendly. All ages welcome. You must be 21+ with valid ID to consume alcohol.
- Once you purchase, your name will be at the door of the event beginning at noon on Saturday