Event Deal: College A Cappella Concert / Benefit
Proceeds Benefit Wings Over America Scholarship Foundation -
- featuring a "Sing-Off" between the Hullabahoos of the University of Virginia & No Ceiling from the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA.
- Saturday, October 28 at 8:00 pm (doors open at 7:00)
- Sandler Center for Performing Arts - 201 Market Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 MAP
- The concert will feature a sing-off between the two groups and continue the competition of area alumni groups.
- The music group with the most audience support will have a scholarship named in their honor.
- Only 30 tickets will be sold at this price.
- After this deal is sold out, tickets can be purchased online at www.wingsoveramerica.us. Adult tickets $25; Student tickets $15
About the Performers:
The Hullabahoos: Describing themselves as “a group of guys at the University of Virginia who like to sing other people’s music without instruments and wear robes while we do it,” the 18-member Hullabahoos have performed across the country and beyond. Some of their more memorable appearances include the Hard Rock Café in Manila, Philippines, The George W. Bush 2007 President Dinner at the Washington Convention Center and for President Obama. In 2012, the group made their big screen debut appearing in the 2012 movie Pitch Perfect and a few months later on America’s hit television show, The Office. www.hullabahoos.com
No Ceiling: No Ceiling, founded in Fall of 2015, represents competitive a cappella at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA. The group competed in their first ever ICCAs this year, placing second at their quarterfinal and having the incredible opportunity to move on and compete in the ICCA South region’s semifinal in Columbia, South Carolina. The group is excited to pursue new projects next year, as well as to continue to make a name for themselves. No Ceiling strives to tell a story with every piece, connect with others, and push boundaries.
About Wings Over America:
In 1987, the AIRLANT Wives Club noticed a need for scholarships within the Navy Aviation community. Through a variety of fundraisers, including bake sales and fashion shows, they gave away their first scholarships. In the 25 years since, this "wives club scholarship" has experienced amazing growth in scope and breadth.
The mission of the WOASF is to provide scholarships to dependent children and spouses of U.S. Navy personnel from all Naval Aviation commands, officer and enlisted, active duty, retired, honorably discharged or deceased. Annually Wings Over America Scholarship Foundation sponsors fifty scholarships to students who have chosen to continue their education. Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of scholastic merit, community service and extracurricular activities. Previous winners have come from not only the Hampton Roads region but also worldwide. The Foundation awards scholarships ranging from $3,000 - $12,000 and awarded over $200,000 in scholarships in 2016. WOASF is a private, non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization. Support and funding for the Foundation comes from the generous contributions of private and corporate sources. The a cappella concert is a benefit concert for the organization. Learn more at: www.wingsoveramerica.us